Monday, May 17, 2010

It's a small world...

Sorry if I put in your head a certain song due to the title, but I have my reasons to have chosen said title. So today, I'm gonna talk about pro-life vs pro-choice... KIDDING! No, I'm gonna talk about my day in MGM and y day at the Magic Kingdom during my bday.

So, Tuesday was Disney's MGM Studios, which is now known as Disney's Hollywood Studios, but I'll keep referring to it as MGM... kinda say how old I am (20... geez, don't go imagining I'm 50). *sigh* So, I first went to pick up a fastpass at Toy Story Mania and then went in the stand-by line to play it since it was early and the waiting time wasn't that bad (it was 45 minutes... which is really good for that attraction) and the waiting area is air conditioned. I scored 108,300 points that time. Then, I went to see "Beauty and the Beast" and after we went to eat since our fastpass were good for after lunch. THE place to eat fast food in MGM is Pizza Planet, named after the pizza place we see in the first Toy Story movie. Downstair you have arcade games and upstair you have the tables (few tables downstair and outside). Then it was time for Toy Story Mania again. I scored 118, 700 points, which meant I had manage to beat my parents and my dad's former high score (118, 300). I was so happy! (Monkey, shut up, I know you are probably able to score 450,000 points or something (that was the actual high score of the week), but unlike you, I don't play shooting games 24/7). We went back to the hotel after doing the Great Movie Ride because my feet were killing me. When we went back to eat at Mama Melrose, we saw someone we didn't expect to meet: James, one of the guides we had in Italy when we went on a trip with Adventures by Disney. In fact, he's the one who spotted us, which I think is a miracle since we did that trip about 2 years ago and he must have been with many group since our big group full of Americans, me and my parents being the only french-speaking people in the group. What are the odds seriously?

Ok, now, my birthday at the Magic Kingdom. First thing you gotta know is that, when it's your bday and you are staying at a Disney Resort, the hotel gives you the button you will wear on your birthday in the arrival pack. If you stay at another hotel, you have to visit Guest Services to ask for a button (or whatever it's called... in french it's called a "macaron"). By wearing that button, every Disney employee who sees that button is suppose to wish you a Happy Birthday. So, I pinned my button on my shirt before leaving the hotel and off I was for a magical day. The first Disney employee to wish me a happy birthday was the guy who greets people at the entrance of the hotel. Many Disney employees wished me a happy birthday and I felt so special, even if I do know that they wish happy birthday to anyone wearing the button. Some even said "Happy birthday, [my real name]" since you can write your name on the button. That day, I did Splash Mountain for the very last time of my life as I was soak and I definitely don't like the big drop at the end, did 3 times Big Thunder Mountain, followed by Pirates of the Caribbean, followed by the Jungle Cruise, followed by the Haunted Mansion, followed by It's a Small World and finally, what I had been waiting all day long, going to see Mickey Mouse. You may think that, being 20, I'm too old to see Mickey. To that I say: "Shame on you. You may dream to be an adult, but I don't. I still feel young at heart and know what, when we both gonna be 50, I'm gonna look much younger than you because I will have been able to keep my lil heart young. Mickey represents to me my childhood and my dreams, so I'm gonna go visit him no matter what you think." Anyway, what was great is that Minnie was also there and Mickey noticed my t-shirt (Mickey and Minnie sipping an ice cream soda) and then showed it to Minnie, then they noticed my lil button and hugged me and were so nice. Seriously, if you ever get the chance, you have to celebrate your birthday at Disney World, most preferably at the Magic Kingdom, which is truly the most magical place on Earth and, if I ever had doubts, it was proven to me the day of a birthday I'll never forget.

So, here's the LOTD, not Disney related:

LOTD 94

Skin: LAQ - Emma
Hair: lamb - Egomaniacal
Shirt: Ohmai - Basic Puff Blouse
Dress: Mischief - Swirl
Shoes: Nardcotix - Rebekah
Pose: MayoNaise - Letters-Words that touched me
Location: My house

No comments: