Saturday, May 15, 2010

BACK!!!

HELLO! Hum... sorry, felt like sounding overly excited to post after my break, partly due to the fact I was at Walt Disney World, which this post will mostly be about (while the LOTD will have nothing to do with it...).

So, for my bday, I asked my parents if we could go to Disney World to celebrate my birthday. Being more the 5th of May, I was usually celebrating my birthday during school year until this year, since I entered university and we finish in late april. So for the first time in 20 years, I had the possibility to celebrate my birthday on my favorite place on Earth. The plane sucked (if you live in Quebec, NEVER take Air Transat). We were first suppose to leave at 6:45 am, which gave us nearly a whole day on our first day, but the flight was then moved to 4:30 pm, which meant we arrived at around 7:30 in Orlando and would probably be at the hotel around 9pm. As for the plane itself, the seats were uncomfortable and it's a good thing we took the seats next to the emergency exit, as we had loads of places for me and my dad's legs (I'm 5'7", my dad is 6'0") while the other seats were so close to each other, I think even my 5'0" tall mother would have lacked space for her legs.

Anyway, enough with the plane. The hotel was great (even if my mom complained about the room). As for the temperature, it was... hot. Really hot. We were told that it wasn't the usual temperature in May, which is good as I was trying to imagine how hot it could be in the middle of July... yah, rather not think about it, might dry just thinking about it. In fact, it was so hot we did "Impression de France" (the movie at the french pavilion at EPCOT) twice during our trip. I was soaked in Splash Mountain while wearing my jean skirt (we were just getting splashed a little before they renovated it), and it was dry after 45 minutes and God knows how long it can take for jeans to dry. So, yah, it was hot like that all week long.

First day, we went to EPCOT (walking distance from our hotel), did Test Track, Soarin' (I loooove that ride) saw the different topiaries (it was the Flower & Garden Festival when we were there), did different attractions around the World Showcase (except "American Adventure", did it twice in my life, so, since I'm Canadian, I think that's enough) before going to eat at the restaurant at the German pavilion (ein, zwei, drei, tik tak tik tak oi oi oi... sorry, they say that every time I go when it's time to raise our glasses). It's a buffet, so after we had ordered our drinks, we went to pick up some food. When we came back, a family of fat and ugly Americans were sitting at our places. The waitress, who had seen that before we came back, tried to make them move to where they were suppose to be seated, but they wouldn't budge. We were tired and hungry, so we didn't make a scene (Canadians may be too nice, but French Canadians have the word "French" in front of "Canadian". Be rude when we are in a bad mood, we will yell at your stupid face. Be rude when we are tired, we will glare at you and will make sure that you sense we wish you were dead and we'll make comments about how badly you look in french.), but we didn't like the fact we were bumped, so doubt we'll go back anytime soon. Anyway, the food never changes. After dinner we did Maelstrom in Norway (the pavilion, not the actual country) followed by The Gran Fiesta Tour, formally known as El Rio del Tiempo (now you follow The 3 Caballeros around Mexico, while before, you were just seeing different old dusty scenes of Mexico... including some disco-like Mayas... I miss the disco-like Mayas...).

The next day was Animal Kingdom, where we did Kali River Rapids, ride where you are sure to get wet, which is good when the heat is killing you. We did the Kalimanjaro Safari, where we saw a lion! Really rare thing to see as they usually hide in the shade, but since we did it in the morning, the heat wasn't a killer so many animals were out, including giraffes and elephants with their babies. We did Dinosaur before lunch, as you don't want to be shaken a lot after eating lunch.

Mmm... seems like I have a whole lot to write about my trip... oh well, I'll write more in my next post as I don't want to bore any of you.

Here's the LOTD:

LOTD 93

Skin: LAQ - Emma (yah, don't have the patience to wait for the PF skin anymore, expecially since she said recently she was working on a new skin when Ember is not even out)
Hair: lamb - Stargaze
Undershirt: Ohmai - Basic Puff Blouse
Top: Royal Blue - Body Con Is Not Dead
Pants: Wippet & Buck - Georgie Tapered Trousers
Shoes: Nardcotix - Absinthe
Necklace: Whippet & Buck - Little Bit of Pretty Necklace (tinted the bow)
Pose: (pda) - is dead on it's feet. SIX
Location: JP Isle 58/126/33

No comments: