Monday, April 26, 2010

I saw champions!

Yesterday, I went to see "Stars on Ice" an ice skating show full of former (or actual) olympic and/or world champions (mainly all Canadians, but there's one guy I had no idea who he was, but he sure could do a backflip). There was Jamie Salé and David Pelletier (the Salt Lake City gold medalists... remember the controversy with the Russians and the french judge?), Kurt Browning (4-time World champion and at 43, he's still amazing), Joannie Rochette (if you don't know who she is after everything that happened, you live under a rock) and Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue (Olympic and World champions) just to name those. They were all amazing and Moir & Virtue did their Olympic winning dance during the second part of the show (they did their hockey player/ballerina choreography during the first part) and Joannie's performance was amazing (she got standing ovations every time she was on the ice). It was really a great show.

Anyway, back to SL. As some of you know, I joined an RP called Perdition about a month ago. I roleplayed two days there before I had too many stuff to do for school to go back and risk crashing again (I went two other days but crashed after a few minutes). Even tho the build of Perdition is really great, the RP is not that great ("People are just standing around" as my friend said). Oh, and they banned resize scripts from the sim, BUT blings and particles are allowed. Hum, those two things can probably create more lag than a resize script, which can't really be seen as far as I'm concern. Anyway, I tried to find another RP place with a bit more fantasy and where my puff sleeve blouse (yes, the one from Ohmai) wouldn't clash. New Wonderland seemed interesting except for one major problem: anyone can just jump in the RP area of the sim and start roleplaying. No CS to fill to apply, which means any stupid noob who never roleplayed can just barge in and start doing stupid noob things, which can be extremely annoying for more experienced RPers. I think that could even annoy Monkey (guy friend who isn't annoyed by anything... some (me and my friend) even wonder if he cares about anything at all). Conclusion: so far, I'll stick to Perdition.

Also, one last thing before I show you my LOTD. My plan this summer is to learn how to draw. No, not to create SL clothes or anything related to SL. I just want to learn how to draw. So, if you know of any good book or website to learn how to draw, please leave a comment here or on Plurk. Thank you :)

Finally, the LOTD:

LOTD 93

Skin: Pink Fuel - Ember
Hair: Clawtooth - Play it again Sam
Undershirt: Ohmai! - Basic Puff Blouse
Top: fashionably dead - Frilly Sheer
Skirt: Phoenix Rising - Stacie's Strenght
Shoes: ANNEXX - LaceupBoots
Pose: MayoNaise - Fly To My Heart
Location: Biosphere

No comments: