Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The importance of customer service

In RL, good customer service in a store can lead said store a long way. Bad customer service can kill it. In Quebec for exemple, especially in Montreal, a French Canadian will boycott a store and tell his/her friends to do so if he/she was not able to be served in french (major issue here).

Now, in SL, we usually enter a store and there's no one there to welcome us and if there is, we usually find it weird. I, for instance, never know if I should say "thank you" when I'm welcomed in a store and can wonder that for the whole time I'm in that store. Unless it's a bot, in which case I just ignore it. On the other hand, we usually wished there was someone when we actually need help, like when a pose stand at a pose store isn't working, which means I can't try out poses which means I won't buy. It's in those situations we are glad store owners care about their customers. In fact, when I went to the opening of the Pookie Promenade, there was a pose store and my huge fun when i discover a new pose store is to try out poses. So I jump on the first pose stand and I get a message that it's not working. Well, crap. Good thing is, the store owner was next door, in her clothing store, so she also saw the message. She came, arranged the pose stand and gave me the fatpack of the pose stand, to excuse herself for what had happened. Not that I was mad or even expecting that. Hell, the sim had just opened, these kinds of things can happen. But the simple fact she gave me the fatpack of a set of pose without me saying anything, I simply was impressed... and feeling bad. I'm not used to get gifts in SL, I'm the one who gives the gifts to my friends at Xmas. So, to feel better, I bought another pose set and two skirts from her clothing store. But the simple fact that she was nice to me (not just the free pose set, she also said she was sorry and thanked me when I bought the other pose set) has made me a loyal customer and I will definitely go back to buy more stuff. Oh, and the store's name is *MayoNaise*, so go... NOW!

The LOTD:

LOTD 88

Skin: Pink Fuel - Skye
Hair: Truth - Kase
Undershirt: Ohmai! - Basic Puff Blouse
Top: Cupcakes - Lily Dress
Skirt: *MayoNaise* - Just a Denim Skirt
Shoes: fri.day - Basic Flats
Pose: *MayoNaise* - Letters - Ohmai-ly Cherished
Location: Bacio

No comments: