Friday, April 9, 2010

Bargains... SL's New Trend

It all started with 50L Friday. Every Friday of every week, a list of stores put out an item for only 50L$. Then, many more appeared: Weekend Fever, 69L Hump Day, that Sunday thing I can't remember the name of, Monday Blues (or something like that... maybe it's I hate Mondays...). I think Tuesday is the Gorean 50L and Thursday as another bargain event. There's now Spruce Up Your Space, which is centered on furnitures made around a certain theme and there's a price limit (I think it's 200L$). Now there's the Dressing Room, a bunch of items from a group of creators that only cost 40L to 70L and those items are changed every two weeks and each time, there's a guest creator. Tomorrow, Project Themeory starts, with a bunch of store's (such as Pink Fuel, Atomic, Kyoot and many more for this week) that will put out an item at 75L that will go with a theme. Every week, the theme and the designers are going to change, but according to this week's creators, I think it will be just as interesting as the 50L Friday.

So, what is this sudden trend to start bargain events? Generosity? Publicity stunt? Who knows... but one thing is sure, I won't complain. Now all I'm waiting for is for Truth to have a hair sale, then I'll be in heaven (I have a really long list of hair I want from there).

Anyway, until then, here's the LOTD:

LOTD 89

Skin: Pink Fuel - Skye
Hair: D!VA - Chika (only a 100L$!)
Undershirt: Ohmai! - Basics Puff Blouse (my new obsession... looove puffy sleeves)
Dress:Trisquel - Aguamarina Dress (I don't think it's available anymore... Don't even know if the store still exists)
Shoes: fri.day - Basic Flats
Pose: (pda) - Oh Daddy
Location: Empress and Hierophant

1 comment:

Quaintly Tuqiri said...

Tuesdays is Gorean 25L and there's 35L Thursdays, 40L Saturdays, 60L Weekends, Weekend Fever (50L items around a colour theme)... probably some others I haven't heard of yet :p

I think it all started as a way to drive people to stores - before this, creators used freebies or dollarbies but they complained that people just grabbed the freebies and weren't truly interested in shopping. I wonder whether the bargain days have made a difference.