Monday, March 21, 2011

A train ride

So, I realized that in my folders of LM where to take nice pictures, some of them, well, weren't really nice to picture in their entirety (is that even a word?) like Alchemy Immortalis (I definitely have a soft spot for that sim). So, after two blog posts about sims, which were time consuming since you have to find the right angle and the right Windlight setting to do justice to the location, I decided to go back to the original formula of my blog: write about whatever I wanna talk about that is SL related (for the ones who started reading my blog at the very beginning: NO, I wont write about what is going on in whatever HP RP I'm in, I don't spend enough time there). Why? I suck at doing reviews of anything, may it be clothes or places. My kind of review is "I like this" or "I don't like this" without any particular reason other that it appeals to me, like the new skin I just bought which, when I tried it on, made me say "OMG! So me!". No "Mmm, I like the way the different parts of the skin are made" and so on. There are some exceptions, like Alchemy Immortalis and the neighboring sims that reminded me of Ireland (where I've been) and of the numerous sheeps one can find in this beautiful country.

So, yesterday, I decided to check which of my "Nice places to take picture" were out of date (I still intend to take nice pictures even if I'm not doing any reviews), I happily found out that one sim I was sure would be dead by now was, in fact, still there. If you are like Walt Disney or Sheldon Cooper, you'll be happy to learn that there is a whole sim with railroads and a functionning train just going around and stoping at the only train station of the sim every 10-15 minutes (I think, didn't count). Also, if you have a sim to spare, you can buy your own trainset and install it on said sim. It's only 12,000L$ (In other words, you not only need a sim to spare, but also alot of money to spare). If you have neither, which is the case for most of us, you can just head over there and enjoy a free train ride. Oh, and if you do ride the train, turn your AO off, otherwise it's gonna look like you are sitting outside of the train.

Train ride

Oh, and, of course, without your AO, your sitting pose is oh so graceful... (I'm being sarcastic here). And you also rediscover the joys of alpha layers when you try to take a pic of you inside the train. If you go in Mouselook, you can look out the window and just look at the sim as the train goes around the sim.

Train Ride

So, while I was waiting for the train to arrive, I was listening to my iPod (in RL) and this tune started to play and I thought it went well with the train theme since trains are often related to departures in movies, one person in the train slowly leaving, and the other one on the platform, waving a handkerchief or their hand.


Anyway, that's all for now. Oh, and the credits for whatever I'm wearing in the pictures is on Flickr, so just click the pics if you are wondering.

No comments: