Monday, February 14, 2011

It's not so Bad

Yes, I'm back after a long, well-deserved break. University kept me that busy and I needed a break from SL since I had no idea what to do anymore. Fashion blogging was nice, but in a world where every ten seconds a new fashion blogger is born, you get lost and feel a certain pressure to always be up to date, to always wear new stuff and to spend tons of L$ on said new stuff. Next time you criticize a fashion blogger for getting free samples, think about the amount of money they spent before getting their very first little sample. Without them, the fashion world in SL would probably not be the same. Through them, we can discover new talents, wether it be in fashion or in decoration. They do a great job that most of us can't do (including me).

So, yeah, that was my kinda praise to fashion bloggers out there. Now back to my blog. I decided to change the topic of my blog, while still giving a certain place to clothes (I still love fashion, just don't feel like blogging about it anymore). Some of the older members of SL probably remember the blog "Mermaid Diaries" where Natalia Zelmanov showed us different places in SL. Unfortunately, it's been a year since she last updated her blog and it's been much longer than that since she did a blog post regarding only a place in SL. Now, there aren't many blogs telling us about great places to visit in SL. The only one I have in my bookmarks is brinksie* and some fashion bloggers give us the SLUrl of the location featured in their pictures. So, I decided to post more about various SL locations from now on.

The first location: NOTsoBAD. I know, it's a store, but their sim is gorgeous and very photogenic (except for the sculpted window which never rezzed properly for me, but that might just be me).

NOTsoBAD sim

I don't have shadows enabled on my viewer since I have a Mac and it doesn't seem to work on Macs (evil SL). But shadows are included in the texture of the various builds on the sim, pictures one can take are just... WOW! Here are some of the best spots.

NOTsoBAD sim

There are also cars on the sim (including one that crashed into a lamp post) which look quite realistic.

NOTsoBAD sim (the cars)

As I said, NOTsoBAD is a store. They sell furniture and prefabs which are also extremely well done even if quite expensive. But if you wanna take pictures in a house setting but don't feel like redecorating your house for this only purpose, you can go to NOTsoBAD and take your pictures in one of their prefabs as most of them are furnished according to the style of the house. Oh, and don't forget to join the subsribo. I once got a very nice skybox from their subscribo group.

NOTsoBad products

And yeah, that's me. I thought I'd include at least one picture of myself in every post, just for fun. The credit of what I'm wearing can be found on Flickr. Just click the pic and you'll find it.

NOTsoBAD sim (me)


PS: Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: